102K bets file COCs for May polls in Bicol

LEGAZPI CITY — Some 102,407 candidates filed their certificates of candidacy (COC) for various seats in next month’s barangay and Sanguniang Kabataan (SK) elections in Bicol, a top official of the Commission on Elections (Comelec) here said Monday.

Comelec regional director Atty. Maria Juana Valeza, in an interview, said 7,639 are running for Punong Barangay (village chief), and 55,415 for kagawads (village councilors).

In the SK level, 7,315 candidates filed for chairman, while 32,038 for councilors or kagawad.

They are battling for 55,536 barangay and SK positions.

Valeza said all provincial directors will submit the COCs to Manila central office on Tuesday.

She noted the period of the filing of certificates of candidacy from April 14 to 21 was peaceful and successful.

“Nowadays, I can say that we are 95 percent prepared to conduct the barangay and SK elections. We are just waiting for the delivery of the accountable forms, or ballots and election returns” she said.

Valeza added all the ballot boxes have been delivered to polling centers. (Jorge Hallare/PNA)

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...