1,300 families stay in evacuation centers amid Taal volcano unrest

The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said on Sunday (July 11) that about 1,300 families are staying in evacuation centers in Batangas, following the Taal Volcano unrest.

Meanwhile, a total of 2,400 chose to stay with their families who reside away from the danger zone and affected areas.

Overall, NDRRMC said that about 20 evacuation centers are put up to shelter affected residents in Batangas.

Containing the virus in evacuation centers

A 51-year-old woman in an evacuation in Agoncillo, Batangas tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday (July 12), after the municipality conducted antigen testing on the evacuees.

The Municipal Health Office confirmed on Monday that the woman showed symptoms of COVID-19. After testing positive, she was transferred to an isolation facility and the health office began the contact tracing.

Antigen testing for evacuees in Batangas is ongoing. So far, no one tested positive in all evacuation centers except for one in Agoncillo. – PTV News / CF – rir

Popular

Drop in poverty incidence affirms effective gov’t programs

By Jose Cielito Reganit | Philippine News Agency The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) believes the historic drop in poverty incidence to 9.7%...

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...