2 escapees recaptured in Zamboanga del Norte

ZAMBOANGA CITY–Authorities have recaptured one after the other the two detainees, who escaped from police custody in the province of Zamboanga del Norte last week, an official said Monday.

Chief Insp. Helen Galvez, Police Regional Office-9 (PRO-9) information officer, identified the recaptured inmates as Alfin Omar, 18 and Willboy Pedi, 19, who are facing theft charges.

They escaped around 7:10 p.m. on Friday by destroying the detention cell’s welded round bar of the police station in Tampilisan, Zamboanga del Norte.

Galvez said Omar was recaptured around 6 a.m. Sunday by joined police, military and village watchmen in Barangay Situbo, Tampilisan. He was taken to a hospital for medication because he sustained injuries when he resisted after being cornered by the lawmen.

She said that Pedi was arrested around 7 a.m. Sunday also in Barangay Situbo. (Teofilo Garcia, Jr/PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...