232K Pinoys receive their vaccination certificates: DILG

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan/Philippine News Agency

A total of 232,289 individuals who have applied for vaccination certificates through the VaxCertPH platform have received their certificates, Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Año said on Monday night.

Speaking to President Rodrigo Duterte during his Talk to the People, Año said this figure is equivalent to 63.06 percent out of a total of 368,386 individuals who have filed their applications.

“Higit pa po nating payayabungin ang ating performance para tumaas po ‘yung (distribution) rating percentage (We will continue to improve our performance in terms of distribution rating percentage),” he added.

Launched in September, the VaxCertPH is the country’s digital documentation system that handles the issuance of COVID-19 vaccination certificates.

Currently, overseas Filipino workers and those traveling abroad are being prioritized in the issuance of COVID-19 vaccination certificates.

Año said applying for a COVID-19 vaccination certificate is free of charge.

Fully vaccinated persons can easily register through the VaxCertPH website vaxcert.doh.gov.ph

“At kung mag-a-apply sa satellite booths sa tanggapan ng ating mga barangay, lungsod o munisipyo, siguraduhin lamang po na magdala ng LGU (local government unit) vaccine card at government-issued ID (And if you are applying in satellite booths in villages, cities, or towns, just make sure to bring your LGU vaccine card and government-issued ID),” he added.

 

Cash aid payout

Meanwhile, Año reported that Laguna has completed the distribution of emergency cash assistance while Bataan has disbursed 97.95 percent of the aid funds.

He said PHP2.7 billion aid funds were fully distributed to 2,714,966 recipients in Laguna, without any funds to be returned to the Bureau of the Treasury.

In Bataan, 683,990 beneficiaries have so far received assistance, with the payout expected to be completed within this week.

“Anim na municipalities na ang nakatapos ng pagbibigay ng ayuda (Six municipalities have completed the aid payout),” he added.

In August, President Rodrigo Duterte approved the release of funds worth PHP2.7 billion and PHP700 million for low-income beneficiaries in Laguna and Bataan, respectively, who were affected by the enhanced community quarantine. (PNA)-rir

Popular

Galloping into 2026: What’s in store for your sign this Year of the Fire Horse?

By Brian Campued From the year of transformation and renewal in 2025, let us welcome 2026 with intense passion and determination. With the arrival of...

Palace: PBBM will not meddle with ICC’s indictment of co-perpetrators in FPRRD’s ‘war on drugs’

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Sumusunod tayo sa sarili nating batas at nakikipag-cooperate din tayo sa Interpol.” As talks about the previous administration’s brutal war on drugs...

Binondo gets ‘much-needed attention, respect’ in revitalization project —PBBM

By Brian Campued As the world’s oldest Chinatown, Binondo is a melting pot of history, heritage, and most especially, food—making the district a major cultural...

Castro to VP Sara on Valentine’s Day: Spread love, not fake news

By Brian Campued Palace Press Officer and Undersecretary Claire Castro on Friday called Vice President Sara Duterte “blind” for not seeing the work of President...