294 areas in Metro Manila under granular lockdown

The number of areas in Metro Manila placed under granular lockdown reached 294.

According to the Philippine National Police’s (PNP) recent data, the figure includes 151 barangays from 10 cities in the National Capital Region (NCR).

In relation to this, the organization deployed 698 personnel and 933 multipliers to ensure the security and compliance of the public with the minimum health standards in the lockdown areas.

The Metro Manila mayors initially said that five COVID-19 cases in an area are enough for it to be placed under granular lockdown to prevent the further spread of the disease.

Meanwhile, Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Chairperson Benhur Abalos on Monday (Sep. 27) said the pilot implementation of the Alert Level System in Metro Manila yielded a positive effect.

The NCR’s COVID-19 data improved and the region’s economy recovered after indoor and al fresco services in restaurants as well as personal care services were allowed to operate but at certain capacities. (PTV News)/NGS- bny

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...