2nd batch of PH rescuers on its way to Myanmar

SAVING LIVES, REBUILDING COMMUNITIES. The second batch of rescuers under the Philippine Inter-Agency Humanitarian Contingent (PIAHC) boarded a transport aircraft en route to quake-devastated Myanmar earlier this Wednesday morning, April 2. (Photo courtesy: PAF)

By Priam Nepomuceno | Philippine News Agency

The Philippine Air Force (PAF) announced that the second batch of rescuers under the Philippine Inter-Agency Humanitarian Contingent (PIAHC) has left for quake-devastated Myanmar aboard a C-130 transport aircraft that took off from Villamor Air Base, Pasay City early Wednesday morning, April 2.

“Comprising 47 personnel from the PAF, Bureau of Fire Protection, Department of Health, Department of Environmental and Natural Resources, Office of the Civil Defense, the contingent boarded a C-130 aircraft bound for Naypyidaw, Myanmar,” the PAF said in a statement.

This deployment follows the arrival of the first batch of Philippine rescuers and medical personnel, consisting of 58 members, who safely reached Myanmar on Tuesday, April 1, after leaving the country early in the day.

“The PIAHC’s efforts are crucial in supporting Myanmar’s recovery by providing life-saving services and medical care to those affected by the earthquake,” the PAF said.

It said this mission underscores the Philippine government’s unwavering commitment to swift and efficient disaster response, providing much-needed support to the people of Myanmar during this challenging time.

“It also highlights the Philippines’ active role in regional and global humanitarian efforts, demonstrating the country’s steadfast dedication to helping those in crisis,” the PAF added. (PNA)

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...