30-K families affected by Florita; Agri damages hit P1.1-B

By Alec Go

The number of families affected by Severe Tropical Storm Florita has reached 30,062 or 122,400 individuals as of Saturday, Aug. 27, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) reported.

Based on its latest situational report, the NDRRRMC said six regions, 16 provinces, 101 regions, and 482 barangays were affected by the Florita that made landfall earlier this week.

Of the 2,599 displaced individuals, 1,975 were in 37 evacuation centers. A total of 1,031 individuals were preemptively evacuated.

The data on casualties remained at three deaths and four injured.

The damage to infrastructure has been estimated at P498.98 million with 54 affected roads, eight government facilities, five bridges, four health facilities, and 13 flood control infrastructures.

Four houses were totally destroyed and 86 were partially damaged.

The Department of Agriculture-DRRM Operations Center reported on Friday, Aug. 26, that the worth of agricultural damages has ballooned to P1.13 billion in Cordillera Administrative Region, Ilocos Region, Cagayan Valley, Central Luzon, and Bicol Region.

Florita has affected 6,647 farmers, with volume of production loss at 66,633 metric tons, and 44,922 hectares of agricultural areas. 

The DA said assistance in the form of seeds, drugs and biologics, fingerlings, and quick response funds are ready for distribution.

Meanwhile, power supply has been restored in 45 of the 57 towns affected.

 

Popular

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...