375 new soldiers get firearms, ready for deployment

FORT RAMON MAGSAYSAY, Palayan City, Nueva Ecija — A total of 375 new soldiers who have finished four months of extensive military training received firearms and were commissioned for deployment to various places within the area of responsibility (AOR) of the Philippine Army’s 7th Infantry (Kaugnay) Division in closing ceremonies here Monday afternoon.

The members of the Candidate Soldier Course (CSC) Classes 493-17 and 494-17 also displayed their skills for combat operations and military drills before a huge crowd of family members, military officers and civilian guests during the program.

Mayor Russel Pleyton of Sta. Maria, Bulacan officiated the symbolic entrustment of firearms where soldiers vowed to protect Filipinos and the country against terroristic activities.

Major Gen. Felimon Santos, Jr., 7ID commanding general, said the new soldiers, mostly carrying the rank of private, would be deployed in March to different areas, including portions of Mindanao and Visayas.

Proud relatives, loved ones and friends took the opportunity to come and witness the occasion. It is yet to be determined when the soldiers will be deployed to their assigned areas and if they will be given time to spend with their families and loved ones.

In his speech, Santos said that continuously beefing up the strength of the Army is of prime importance to ensure that there wouldbe adequately trained and skilled forces that can quickly respond should any threatening situation occurs.

He thanked the families of the new soldiers for giving their support to the Philippine Army and taking pride that their kin has now finally donned their battle uniform.

Santos reminded the new soldiers that although military life is one of service and danger, it is nonetheless a patriotic life that one could be proud of. (Marilyn Galang/PNA)

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...