3rd SONA director wants to show a ‘patriotic’ Duterte

MANILA — Director Joyce Bernal on Thursday expressed her desire to capture how “patriotic” President Rodrigo R. Duterte is in his third State of the Nation Address (SONA) on July 23.

Bernal revealed her plan during an ocular inspection at the plenary hall of the House of Representatives, where Duterte will deliver his 3rd SONA.

The filmmaker said she would consider the camera shots, lighting approach, sequencing of shots, even the President’s route to the plenary hall and the setup of the venue to help create the “patriotic” mood.

“Let’s get into the psyche kung papaano niya ibibigayire-report yung nagawa niya o yung mga gagawin niya sa Pilipinas. Gusto ko lang medyo patriotic,” Bernal said.

(Let’s get into the psyche on how he would deliver and report all his accomplishments or his plans for the Philippines. I want it to be patriotic.)

Bernal also wants to convey to the audience President Duterte as a “mayor, father, and President” when he delivers his SONA speech.

“Yung pakiramdam na yun kung paano magsalita sa nation as mayor, as the father and as the president. Gusto nilang maramdaman yun. Ibigay natin yung feeling na yun,” she added.

(That feeling on how he speaks to the nation as mayor, as the father and as the president. They want to feel all that. Let’s give that feeling to them.)

The lady film and television director replaced Brillante Mendoza, the director of the Chief Executive’s first two SONAs.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque earlier said Duterte’s SONA speech will be delivered “straight from the heart,” which will not exceed 35 minutes, since there is no need to repeat what the Cabinet clusters have reported during the pre-SONA forums that started last week. (Filane Mikee Cervantes/PNA)

Popular

AFP: VP security group reorganized, not disbanded

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) clarified that the Vice Presidential Security and Protection Group (VPSPG)...

Myanmar quake death toll passes 3,300: state media

By Agence France-Presse The death toll from a major earthquake in Myanmar has risen above 3,300, state media said Saturday (April 5), as the United...

Filipinos nabbed in China ordinary citizens with no military training

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora | Philippine News Agency The National Security Council (NSC) has expressed alarm over the arrest of three Filipino nationals for...

PH Contingent lends helping hand on rescue, medical ops in quake-hit Myanmar

By Brian Jules Campued The Philippine Inter-Agency Humanitarian Contingent (PIAHC) on Friday continued to assist in rescue and medical operations in Myanmar as the Southeast...