4 new barangay complexes, 2 restored mosques inaugurated in Marawi City

Task Force Bangon Marawi (TFBM) and the city government on Sunday (Sept. 19) inaugurated four more barangay complexes inside the most affected area (MAA) in the war-torn Islamic City.

These complexes are equipped with a health center and madrasah, and are located in Datu Naga, Datu sa Dansalan, West Marinaut, and Moncado Kadingilan.

Moreso, TFBM has inaugurated the newly-restored Masjid Marinaut and White Mosque in Marawi, which were repaired through the “incentivized utilization of housing developers’ escrow funds,” it said in a Facebook post.

According to TFBM Chairman Secretary Eduardo Del Rosario, the rehabilitation of public infrastructures in Marawi City is now 75% to 80% complete, and the rest will be completed by next year.

Del Rosario assured that all infrastructure projects included in the master development plan under the Duterte administration remain on track, despite the challenges brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.

“All projects will be completed by June 30 of 2022 within the term of the President as promised,” he added.

 

Del Rosario also announced that some 2,800 permanent housing units are being constructed and are due for completion by end-2021. More than 600 permanent shelters had been completed – around 300 of which are now occupied. – Report from Claire Gigje (PIA) / CF – rir

Popular

Myanmar’s junta chief to head to Bangkok summit as quake toll surpasses 3,000

By Agence France-Presse The head of Myanmar's junta is expected to travel to Bangkok on Thursday for a regional summit, as the death toll from...

PBBM reciprocates VP Sara’s gratitude on helping her mend ties with dad

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency “Glad I could help.” This was the response of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr., according to Palace Press...

Purchase of US fighter jets vital to boost PH defense – ES Bersamin

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency Executive Secretary Lucas Bersamin on Thursday, April 3, said the planned procurement of fighter jets from the...

Recto says use of PhilHealth funds to spare PH from new debts

By Benjamin Pulta | Philippine News Agency Finance Secretary Ralph Recto on Wednesday defended the transfer of idle and unused Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth)...