5 more Negosyo Centers to open in NegOr this year

DUMAGUETE CITY, Negros Oriental — The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) will set up five more Negosyo Centers (NC) in Negros Oriental beginning next month.

DTI-Negros Oriental provincial director Nimfa Virtucio on Wednesday said Negosyo Centers will be established in the towns of La Libertad, Valencia, Dauin, Amlan and Sibulan.

Virtucio said the centers aim to provide easy access to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).

She said a law mandates the creation of a Negosyo Center in every municipality and city.

Anton Gabila, NC coordinator of the DTI-Negros Oriental, said the department will launch a center each month in the province starting May through September.

“The Negosyo Center aims to help MSMEs to grow, provide access to market, access to finance, and conduct trainings for them,” said Gabila.

Gabila added business trainings will be conducted as well in the cities and municipalities where the centers are established so that MSMEs no longer have to go to Dumaguete.

Eight Negosyo Centers have already been previously established in Negros Oriental, namely in Dumaguete City (two centers), and one each in Canlaon City, Guihulngan City, Bayawan City, Bais City, and Tanjay City, and the municipalities of Mabinay and Siaton.

The DTI-Negros Oriental launched and started the Negosyo Centers in 2015, and targets to complete its establishment in all towns and cities by 2022. (PNA)

Popular

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...