6.5-K families so far affected by ‘Karding’: NDRRMC

By Priam Nepomuceno | Philippine News Agency

MANILA – Some 16,476 families or 60,817 individuals have so far been affected by Super Typhoon Karding (Noru) which lashed Luzon on Sunday, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) reported Tuesday.

In its latest situation report, the agency said these families are from the Ilocos Region, Cagayan Valley, Central Luzon, Mimaropa, Bicol and the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR).

Also, 12,352 families or 46,008 persons are being sheltered in 976 evacuation centers while the remainder have returned home or are being aided by families and friends.

Around 74 incidents of flooding were also reported — 70 in Central Luzon and four in Calabarzon.

In a message to reporters, NDRRMC spokesperson and Office of Civil Defense Assistant Secretary Bernardo Rafaelito Alejandro IV said casualties attributable to ‘Karding’ now totaled to eight deaths and three missing.

The NDRRMC said five of these deaths are from Central Luzon — the rescuers of the Bulacan Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office who were found dead in San Miguel town after being swept away by floodwaters.

Meanwhile, the missing are from Mercedes town in Camarines Norte.

The NDRRMC said the deaths from Bulacan are already verified and that it is awaiting a “certification of identification” to make it official.

Meanwhile, two more deaths from Zambales province and one from Burdeos, Quezon province are still undergoing validation.

Infrastructure damage was placed at PHP3 million in Mimaropa, while damage to agriculture was estimated at PHP1.5 million in the Cordillera. (PNA)

 

Popular

PBBM to LGUs: Ensure efficient use of budget for community empowerment

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Wednesday urged local government units (LGUs) to ensure the prudent and...

ICC warrant vs. Bato ‘valid’ after SC rejection of TRO request —Palace

By Brian Campued The warrant of arrest issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa is “valid,” according to Palace...

Updated cash aid, transport support discussed during 7th UPLIFT Committee meeting led by PBBM

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous whole-of-government efforts to protect Filipinos from the impact of Middle East tensions on energy, transport, and food...

PBBM earns praise for role as ‘peacemaker’ in PH, Thailand, and Cambodia talks

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Not long after decades of tension between Thailand and Cambodia boiled over in 2025 and resulted in months of trading gunfire...