6.7K Batanes residents get COVID-19 vax

By Villamor Visaya, Jr. /PNA

Over 6,000 residents in the island-province of Batanes have so far been inoculated against COVID-19.

Based on the latest data from the Batanes COVID-19 Task Group released on Friday, some 6,712 residents or 48 percent of its 14,000 eligible population for vaccination have received the jabs.

The province aims to vaccinate at least 70 percent or 9,800 residents to achieve population protection.

Some 814 medical front-liners (A1) and 353 others belonging to the expanded A1 category have been vaccinated while 10 others are unvaccinated as these are pregnant and lactating women.

At least 2,257 senior citizens (A2) were vaccinated while 60 refused to get the jabs.

Some 2,493 persons with comorbidities (A3) were vaccinated while 45 are waiting to be jabbed.

Meanwhile, 580 front-liners in essential sectors (A4) received the jabs while 1,884 others have yet to get vaccinated.

As this developed, Batanes has recorded a 26-year-old worker of the Department of Public Works and Highways as its latest COVID-19 case, based on swab test results released on Thursday.

In a Facebook post, the Batanes provincial government said the man came from this city in Cagayan via Skypasada plane to Basco town on August 10.

This brought the province’s confirmed COVID-19 cases to 15.

The man, who is now isolated at the Batanes resort isolation facility, is asymptomatic but he had colds on August 7 before his trip to the province.

All 14 other confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the province have recovered. (PNA) -rir

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...