SAN JOSE De BUENAVISTA, Antique — The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Antique provincial office has assisted 61 displaced workers from the province through its Boracay Emergency Employment Program (BEEP).
DOLE Antique provincial director Melisa S. Navarra, in an interview on Wednesday, said they have already processed the documents of 61 workers from the province, who had been affected by the six months closure of Boracay island, since May.
“We are reaching out to others from Antique who had also been affected by the Boracay closure,” she said.
She said through BEEP, Boracay workers from Antique can avail of PHP4,205 per month or 50 percent of the minimum wage rate in the region for six months as support from the government.
“They could receive the financial assistance from the Land Bank of the Philippines using their cash card,” she said.
She said that the release of the financial assistance to the 61 employees who had cash card already started last June 24.
She added that there were 230 workers from Antique, who had actually submitted their applications at DOLE Antique, but then the documents of the others are still being processed. (Annabel Consuelo Petinglay/PNA)