74 4Ps beneficiaries in Tarlac City receive livelihood assistance

TARLAC CITY — The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) has provided livelihood assistance to 78 beneficiaries of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) as part of the government’s continuing efforts to uplift the lives of the marginalized people.

Under its Sustainable Livelihood Program (SLP), the DSWD, in partnership with the city government of Tarlac, distributed Monday some PHP1.56 million worth of livelihood aid to 4Ps members.

Jimbo Soriano, officer-in-charge of the City Social Welfare and Development Office, said PHP20,000 was given to each 4Ps beneficiary who is currently engaged in livelihood or entrepreneurial activities and those who wants to pursue vocational studies.

Soriano said the beneficiaries are 4Ps members from Barangays Baras-baras, San Nicolas and Balingcanaway.

“They were chosen as beneficiaries of the program because they are currently ‘economically active’. We hope that through the financial assistance, their small businesses will expand,” he said.

Those who want to study, Soriano said, may enroll at the Tarlac School of Arts and Trades which is accredited by the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority.

He noted that 26 4Ps members in the province have previously received similar livelihood assistance.

The project is also part of the extensive program of Mayor Cristy Angeles which aims to provide employment or livelihood to Tarlaqueños.

Angeles urged beneficiaries to properly manage their respective livelihood projects so they could improve their living standards. (Eden Gutierrez/PNA)

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...