8 deaths, 1,636 dengue cases recorded in Negros Oriental: DOH

By Mary Judaline Partlow (PNA)

DUMAGUETE CITY – The Department of Health (DOH) in Negros Oriental has reported that as of the latest count, the number of dengue cases in the province ballooned to 1,636 with eight deaths.

A report from the DOH’s Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (RESU) made available over the weekend showed, however, said that the figure covering Jan. 1-Nov. 3 this year is 13 percent lower compared to the 1,879 cases and 12 deaths during the same period last year.

The provincial capital, Dumaguete, ranked first among the top 10 cities and municipalities in Negros Oriental with the highest incidence of dengue.

The city had 241 cases followed by Bayawan City, 161; Bais City, 159; Mabinay, 149; Guihulngan City, 123; Tanjay City, 109; Siaton, 105; Valencia, 100; Sta. Catalina, 79; and Sibulan, with 78 cases.

Deaths due to dengue, meanwhile, were reported in Dumaguete City with two fatalities, and one each for Bayawan City, Guihulngan City, Valencia, Sta. Catalina, Vallehermoso, and Zamboanguita.

Comparative data for the same period in 2017 showed that Dumaguete also topped the list of areas having the most number of dengue cases, followed by Siaton, Sibulan, Guihulngan City, Bais City, Bayawan City, Canlaon City, Tanjay City, Amlan, and Bacong, the DOH report said.

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...