8 political parties forge alliance with Davao’s HNP

DAVAO CITY— Eight local and national political parties have allied with the homegrown Hugpong ng Pagbabago (HNP) regional party, which was formed by Mayor Sara Duterte and the four Davao governors.

Signing the alliance agreement with HNP at the Blue Leaf Filipinas in Paranaque City on Monday, August 13, are Nationalist People’s Coalition (NPC) Secretary-General Mark Llandro Mendoza; National Unity Party (NUP) Secretary General Reginald Velasco; Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco for the Alyansa Bol-anon Alang sa Kausaban (ABACA);

Zamboanga First District Representative Seth Frederick Jalosjos for the Aggrupation Party for Progress (APP); Ilocos Norte Gov. Imee Marcos for Ilocano Timpuyog (#IT) – Ilocos Norte Nationalista Party; Pampanga Gov Lilia Pineda for Kambilan; Misamis Oriental Gov Yevgeny Vicente Emano for Padayon Pilipino; and Quezon City Vice Mayor Joy Belmonte for Serbisyo sa Bayan Party (SBP).

With the increasing number of local and national parties forging an alliance with HNP, Mayor Sara made it clear HNP is not recruiting members. She said HNP has repeatedly clarified through official statements “about recruitment to address fears that we are recruiting their (national parties) members.”

Mayor Sara reiterated that HNP is a regional political party, “thus, it is a regional party for those in the Davao region.” HNP supporters, she said, may come from different political parties though.

She said a number of politicians outside the region, who already have political affiliations, have been made to understand that once they run for public office, they can only use HNP as their party in the certificate of nomination if they are from the Davao Region.

HNP members outside the region, she said, understood that their oath-taking was merely “ceremonial.”

Last week, HNP solidified its foothold in all the region’s five provinces after a mass oath-taking for new members in Davao del Sur.

Tha mass oath-taking for new members in Davao City is slated on August 17. (Lilian Mellejor/PNA)

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...