BOL vote count resumes Wednesday

By Ferdinand Patinio/PNA

MANILA — With the Certificates of Canvass (COCs) of four areas still pending with its working groups, the Commission on Elections (Comelec) en banc, sitting as the National Plebiscite Board of Canvassers (NPBOC) has reset the canvassing to Wednesday afternoon.

With this, the Board has yet to proclaim the results of the second round of the Bangsamoro Organic Law (BOL) plebiscite in Lanao del Norte and North Cotabato last February 6.

“Considering the reports of the working group, it is clear we cannot finish the canvassing and audit today. I think we have to declare a reset and we will reconvene tomorrow (Wednesday) at 2 p.m.,” NPBOC chairman Sheriff Abas said.

It was announced by the NPBOC Secretariat that the COCs of Kabacan and Midsayap are still pending in the audit group.

The COC of Pigcawayan is pending with the encoding group while the Pikit COC is pending with tabulation.

On the other hand, the COCs from Lanao del Norte, Aleosan, Carmen and Tulunan had been canvassed.

“Meanwhile, the working groups are granted to continue working and any interested party may stay to observe the proceedings,” the poll body chief added.

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...