NegOcc farmer-beneficiary lauds Citizens’ Complaint Center

By Erwin Nicavera/Philippine News Agency

BACOLOD CITY — An agrarian reform beneficiary (ARB) in Negros Occidental has lauded the Duterte administration’s 8888 Citizens’ Complaint Center for immediately addressing their group’s concern involving the Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR).

This was reported by the DAR-Negros Occidental I earlier this week after it also received a commendation from the said farmer-beneficiary for successfully acting on a complaint.

The ARB, an anonymous caller, had lodged a complaint through the 8888 hotline on their pending and long overdue installation in a landholding in Cadiz City.

The farmer-beneficiaries received their certificates of land ownership award in 2018 yet, but their installation had been delayed for months.

The complainant said the lack of layout supposed to be provided by the DAR-Negros Occidental I delayed the process, but the concerned agency said they faced a challenge because of the resistance and lack of cooperation from the former landowners.

Finally, on Feb. 21 this year, the complainant along with the other ARBs, were installed in the said landholding situated in Barangay Mabini formerly owned by the group of Bernadette Gustilo.
The ARB acknowledged the “successful” implementation of the Citizens’ Complaint Center through which their concern was given due attention, according to the DAR-Negros Occidental I.

Also known as the President’s Hotline, the 8888 Citizens’ Complaint Hotline was established in 2016 through Executive Order No. 6.

Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said in an earlier statement that through the Hotline 8888, “the President envisioned the creation of an integrated system for the consolidation, monitoring and addressing of complaints that would be accessible to every Filipino 24/7, which is prompt and responsive”.

For the latest updates about this story, visit the Philippine News Agency website

Popular

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...