Zambo schools ready for June 3 class opening

By Teofilo Garcia, Jr./Philippine News Agency

ZAMBOANGA CITY — All local public elementary and secondary schools are ready for the opening of classes on Monday amid a shortage of some 900 teachers.

Dr. Romy Felix Triambulo, City Schools Division superintendent, said Thursday this city is in need of some 934 teachers — 280 teachers for kindergarten to Grade 6; 542 for Junior High Schools; and 112 for Senior High Schools.

Triambulo said 223,922 students are expected to troop to public schools on June 3 based on the recorded early enrolment conducted from January until February this year.

Of the total figure, Triambulo said that 22,610 enrolled in kindergarten; 121,718, elementary (Grade 1 to 6); 67,916, Junior High School; and, 11,678, Senior High School.

He said the number of public school teachers totaled 7,732 only, and that the city would be needing 934 new teachers this year based on planning analysis.

He said a request for additional teachers last year was not granted by the central office of the Department of Education (DepEd).

Triambulo said he hopes his request for additional teachers would be granted this year.

For the latest updates about this story, visit the Philippine News Agency website

Popular

DepEd launches ‘EduKahon’ kits to ensure learning continuity in calamity-hit schools

By Brian Campued In line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to strengthen the education sector’s preparedness during disasters, the Department of Education (DepEd)...

Torre says he has no ill feelings towards PBBM, DILG chief following relief 

By Brian Campued “Look at me straight in the eye, do I look like somebody who is bitter?” This was the response of former Philippine National...

PBBM to visit Cambodia, attend UN General Assembly

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. will embark on a state visit to Cambodia and later attend the...

PBBM eyes different gov’t post for Torre, Palace confirms

By Brian Campued President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is offering former Philippine National Police (PNP) chief PGen. Nicolas Torre III a different position in the...