PRRD to take responsibility if Go, Dela Rosa ‘go wayward’

By Azer Parrocha/Philippine News Agency

Senators Christopher ‘Bong’ Go and Ronald ‘Bato’ dela Rosa

MANILA — President Rodrigo Duterte said he will take full responsibility should the two senators he endorsed during the mid-term polls — Christopher “Bong” Go and Ronald ‘Bato’ dela Rosa — do not behave as expected.

Go is Duterte’s former top aide while dela Rosa used to be the chief of the Philippine National Police and later on of the Bureau of Corrections.

“Six years ‘yan so makita ninyo and sabihin ko sa inyo (They will be there for six years so you’ll see and I’ll tell you), I take full responsibility if they go wayward,” Duterte said during the oath-taking of new appointees at Malacañan Palace on Monday (July 8) night.

Duterte looked for Go in his speech, and mentioned that he has a talent for computing and that he graduated from one of the country’s top business schools, De La Salle University.

“Diyan ako bilib kasi mag-kwenta ‘yan dito lang. ‘Bong, magkano natin gastusin ‘yan, ilang porsiyento (That’s what I admire him for because he computes well. I ask, Bong, how much have we spent, how many percent)?’” Duterte said.

The President, on the other hand, described dela Rosa as “fundamentally” honest since he knew him since he was Davao City police chief when he was still mayor.

“I’m using the word fundamentally kasi itong sa mga pulis, alam mo na ‘pag may na-solve sila na crime magpadala ‘yung mga offended parties ng lechon. Eh tatanggapin talaga nila ‘yan (these police, when they solve a crime, offended parties would send them lechon. They would accept it),” Duterte said.

“’Yung mga ganoon, alam ko. Pero kung sabihin mo itong si Bato maghingi? Lahat ng chief of police na dumaan sa Davao, matino talaga ‘yan or at least titino (Those types, I know of. But to say that Bato asks for anything? All police chiefs are really decent),” he added.

First-time senators Go and dela Rosa will serve until 2025.

For the latest updates about this story, visit the Philippine News Agency website

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...