Dengue cases now at 3K in Quezon

By Saul Pa-a and Gideon Belen/Philippine News Agency

LUCENA CITY, Quezon – Dengue cases have soared to 3,076 in Quezon province from January to July 20 this year, according to the Integrated Provincial Health Office (IPHO) as of July 29.

IPHO Medical Officer, Dr. Grace V. Santiago told Philippine News Agency (PNA) on Tuesday that her office has intensified preventive measures to curb dengue cases and has also mobilized health workers and hospitals to provide immediate medical attention to patients suspected of having the disease.

“Kabilang sa mga munisipalidad na higit na naapektuhan ng nasabing karamdaman ay ang mga bayan ng (The most dengue-affected municipalities are) Lopez, Atimonan, Mauban, Gumaca and Lucena City,” Santiago said.

Meanwhile, the Quezon provincial government said it has doubled efforts to upgrade the capabilities of government-run hospitals to cope with the rising number of dengue cases as well as other diseases that require hospitalization.

Governor Danilo Suarez said the provincial government has addressed concerns of the Quezon Medical Center (QMC) management with the provision of two new ambulances and assured to strengthen the province’s health sector.

“I understand that bed capacity of the hospital (is inadequate). I did my research, and it’s the human factor. We are not designed, we are not equipped to handle that number of patients every day. As I’ve said, I’ll do my very best to make your job comfortable and effective,” he said.

He added that he has also approved the hospital’s hazardous waste and treatment project, allocated additional funds for the water filtration system and ordered the provision of four additional ultrasound machines for the Unisan Medicare, San Narciso Medicare and Polillo Medicare Hospital.

 

For the latest updates about this story, visit the Philippine News Agency website

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...