Pres. Duterte to allow foreign competition for faster internet services

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, in his interview during Erwin Tulfo’s program ‘Sa Totoo Lang’ which was aired on the People’s Television on September 29, 2017, gestures as he reiterates that it is his sworn duty to enforce the law to any Filipino regardless of their social status. RICHARD MADELO/PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO

During the same interview, President Duterte conveyed his plan to allow foreign telecommunications companies to do business in the country to improve internet services for Filipinos.

“The only way to improve your service is bigyan kita ng kompitensiya,” the President said, stressing that he would allow four to six foreign internet service providers to enter the country.

He said a Chinese firm and a Singaporean-based company had already expressed desire to set up stations here.

The Chief Executive earlier issued a warning to local telecommunications firms to improve the services that they provide to the public, otherwise they would have to compete with new players.

The President in conclusion said he remains grateful for the overwhelming support he has been receiving from the Filipino public, as shown in recent surveys.

“To the Filipino people, salamat ho (sa) suporta ninyo. Because the surveys show, all, Pulse Asia, everything. So walang manipulation. Hindi fake news ‘yan,” he stressed.

“So ako naman, I am grateful, not elated. Nagmamagandang loob ho ako sa inyo na naintindihan ninyo ang trabaho ko. ‘Yun lang,” he added.

The President then reiterated his commitment to create genuine change in people’s lives, particularly on ending the illegal drug problem and improving the country’s economy so Filipinos no longer have to look for better jobs abroad. ###PND

You can watch the video on 1:27:00 from the latest episode of “Sa Totoo Lang”:

 

Popular

DOJ tasks PNP, NBI to ‘effect the arrest’ of Bato

By Brian Campued “We’re pursuing this so that the ends of justice may be achieved.” The Department of Justice (DOJ) has given the greenlight for law...

PH earns 76/100 transparency score in int’l survey

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “These achievements are encouraging. For us in government, these however, are not the destination.” In his keynote speech on Wednesday, Department of...

PBBM to LGUs: Ensure efficient use of budget for community empowerment

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Wednesday urged local government units (LGUs) to ensure the prudent and...

ICC warrant vs. Bato ‘valid’ after SC rejection of TRO request —Palace

By Brian Campued The warrant of arrest issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa is “valid,” according to Palace...