IATF on gov’t ECQ measures: Cooperation not dissension

The Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases wants cooperation to rule amid issues between the national and local government units (LGUs) in responding to the CoVID-19 situation.

IATF Spokesperson and Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles reminded that it is not the time for finger-pointing those who follow and defy enhanced community quarantine guidelines, and that is it best to move forward and walk hand in hand.

“By setting their own individual standards, LGUs will make this quarantine more difficult than it already is,” Nograles said.

“Hindi po hiwa-hiwalay na republika ang mga LGU po natin. Iisa lang po ang republika dito: ang Republic of the Philippines (Our LGUs are not separate republics. There is only one republic here: The Republic of the Philippines),” he added.

Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Aῆo pointed out that some local officials might have different interpretations of the rules, but added that they are already working to make the guidelines clear.

Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra also said in a separate statement that prosecutors have been instructed to monitor LGU compliance on the national guidelines set by the IATF.

The IATF and President Rodrigo Duterte have been closely monitoring the situation for an immediate response.

Meanwhile, Department of Health (DOH) USec. Maria Rosario Vergeire has clarified if the chief executive needs to be retested for COVID-19 since he had previous interaction with DOH Secretary Francisco Duque III.

“Kung si Presidente po ay kailangan nating i-test, tandaan po natin, pag gumagawa po tayo ng contact tracing, mayroon po tayong initial contacts or direct contacts (Does the President need to be tested? Remember that if we are doing contact tracing, we have initial or direct contacts),” Vergeire said.

“‘Pag lumabas po ang resulta ni Sec. Duque at kung sakali po ay ito po ay huwag naman sana, magpositibo siya, saka po natin bibigyan ng abiso ang ating presidente para mag-test ulit at mag-quarantine. (Once the test result of Sec. Duque is out and if ever he tests positive, only then can we advise the president to undergo retest and quarantine),” she explained.

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...