PRRD to decide on government action on ECQ

President Rodrigo Duterte is set to decide this week on the action the government will take on the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said President Duterte is entertaining two options: to extend the ECQ or replace it with a modified ECQ in selected areas heavily affected by COVID-19.

“Ang desisyon niya ay nakabase sa paghanap ng balanse sa obligasyon ng estado sa isang panig na pangalagaan ang kalusugan nating lahat, doon naman sa isa ang karapatan ng mga mamayan na magkaroon ng hanapbuhay (The decision is based on finding balance between the state obligation to ensure the health of everyone and the right of citizens to work),” Roque explained.

Meanwhile, the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases asks for public understanding on whatever decision President Rodrigo will issue on the outcome of the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine.

IATF Spokesperson and Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles disclosed the IATF will make a recommendation if the ongoing ECQ will be tightened, extended, or be lifted on April 30. “Anuman ang magiging desisyon ng ating Pangulo, alam ninyo na ito ay base sa mga parameters na nai-set na po natin, ‘yung epidemiological curve, yung ating healthcare capacity, ang ating social factors, economic factors, at peace and order, at security factors natin (The decision of our President is based on parameters we have set, the epidemiological curve, healthcare capacity, social factors, economic factors, peace and order, and security factors).”

Nograles pointed out that the recommendations will be subject to the Chief Executive’s final decision.

On new testing guidelines

Nograles expounded on the revised interim guidelines on the expanded COVID-19 testing in which patients have been divided into subgroups based on priority. Subgroup A is comprised of patients or health workers with severe symptoms and have interacted with a known COVID-19 case while Subgroup B includes those with mild symptoms, have had close contact with a confirmed case, and are considered vulnerable. Subgroup C includes those with mild symptoms and had close contact with a confirmed case while Subgroup D covers those without symptoms and have had close contact with a confirmed case.

“Due to global shortage of testing kits and limitation in local capacity for testing, there is a need to rationalize available tests and prioritize subgroups A and B. However, in view of the expansion of testing capacity and to ensure healthcare workforce safety, subgroup C will be tested, and ‘yung health workers natin (and our health workers) prioritized,” Nograles said. – Report from Mela Lesmoras

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...