Palace vows fair investigation on QC shooting incident

Malacañang has assured that an immediate and fair investigation will be conducted on the Quezon City shooting incident that killed a former soldier for reportedly violating the enhanced community quarantine.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque expressed that the Palace was saddened over the involvement of two public servants in the incident. He clarified that the said shooting is not part of the President’s directive in tightening the implementation of the enhanced community quarantine.

“Wala pong relasyon ito sa kahit anong sinabi ng Presidente, at hindi po sinabi ng pulis na ito po’y ipinatutupad sa utos ng Presidente. So huwag po nating bigyan ng interpretasyon ang bagay na ito na wala namang basehan (This has nothing to do with what the President said, and the police did not say the move was upon the orders of the President. So let us not give any interpretation without basis),” Roque said. – Report from Mela Lesmoras

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...