FAPSA pushes to move class opening

The Federation of Associations of Private Schools and Administrators (FAPSA) is keen on postponing classes until a vaccine is available.

The group said private schools without adequate resources may not be ready to meet the challenges of blended learning. Some private schools and personnel have not received the same assistance and training like those afforded to public learning institutions.

“The suggestion of ACT not to hold classes this school year may prove to be the most palatable. The private schools that can readily meet the challenge of online learning with connectivity and authentic program shall be allowed to open. However, those private schools without adequate resources based on LCP, may be requested to join the public school volunteers…,” FAPSA explained.

Department of Education (DepEd) USec. Nepomuceno Malaluan said Sec. Briones has already raised the concerns of private schools with the IATF.

Meanwhile, based on DepEd data, there are 13,752,109 enrollees for the upcoming school year as of 8:00 a.m. of June 23. The number is expected to double since the drop box system has been allowed in areas without internet connection. 300,000 teachers have now undergone up-skilling for online teaching. Repairs and improvements of school facilities are ongoing in areas that will soon have physical reporting of personnel.

The scheduled formal opening of classes will push through on August 24. The DepEd reiterated that there is no need to purchase a gadget for blended learning as it has been preparing for self-learning modules. The education department is expected to release its health protocols this week which would also include testing protocol. – Report from Mica Joson

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...