Eleazar urges public to abide by President Duterte’s order on face shields

Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief Police Gen. Guillermo Eleazar encouraged the public to wear face shields over face masks following President Rodrigo Roa Duterte’s directive on the use of face shields.

On Monday night (June 21), President Duterte announced the mandatory wearing of face shields indoors and outdoors after the Department of Health found more cases of the Delta variant, the coronavirus variant first reported in India which is believed to be more transmissible.

“Nakikiusap po tayo sa publiko na igalang at sumunod sa direktiba ng ating Pangulo tungkol sa pagsusuot ng face shields. Para po ito sa kaligtasan ng lahat lalo na’t may dumagdag po sa bilang ng nakitaan ng Delta variant sa bansa,” Eleazar said.

“Ayon sa ating mga eksperto, hindi biro ang variant na ito at kailangan talagang magdoble ingat tayo,” he added.

So far, the DOH said there are already 17 COVID-19 Delta variant cases that have been detected in the Philippines.

“Kung ganito pong may mas nakahahawang variant na na-detect sa ating bansa, mas kinakailangan po natin ng ibayong proteksyon sa pamamagitan ng pagsunod sa ating mga health protocols,” the PNP Chief said, as he gave assurance of the strict enforcement of minimum public health safety standards to prevent the spread of the more infectious variant.

Eleazar also reminded police personnel to follow the rules on wearing of face shields: “Ang instruction ko lang sa mga kapulisan natin ay sumunod din sa ganitong patakaran, dahil anong magiging kredibilidad natin niyan sa panghuhuli kung tayo mismo ay hindi sinusunod ito.”

He also reminded police personnel to exercise maximum tolerance and to refrain from imposing sanctions on those who fail to wear face shields.

Aside from face masks, he said face shields should also be given to those who have none. (PNP-PIO) – jlo

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...