Manila LGU opens its first drive-thru vax site

The local government of Manila launched its drive-thru vaccination on Saturday (July 31), which will accommodate even non-Manila residents by schedule.

Manila City Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso, along with Metro Manila Development Authority Chair Benhur Abalos, National Task Force Against COVID-19 Deputy Chief Implementer Secretary Vince Dizon, and Department of Health (DOH) Assistant Secretary Elmer Punzalan, were present at the launch of the city’s 27th vaccination hub and first drive-thru vaccination site at the Quirino Grandstand.

“Ito ‘yung dagdag nating approach para dito sa iniingatan natin na Delta. So we will continue to innovate and adapt to our approach in our mass vaccination. This is the 27th site of our mass vaccination and this is going to be regular,” Domagoso said in an interview.

Initially, 400 slots will be allotted for the drive-thru vaccination site, but the local health department said as many as 1,200 may be vaccinated daily in the coming days.

Domagoso said individuals must pre-register to secure a jab slot. Only four individuals per vehicle will be administered with COVID-19 vaccine.

The Philippine News Agency reported that vaccination will continue even if the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) is in effect from August 6 to 20.

MMDA Chair Abalos said that aside from the authorized persons outside residence (APOR), those who will go to vaccination centers will be allowed out. – CF -rir

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...