Marcos camp blasts emergency alert as ‘political sabotage’

By Raymond Carl Dela Cruz | Philippine News Agency

MANILA – The camp of presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bong Bong” Marcos Jr. is supporting the investigation on the emergency alerts containing campaign messages promoting his camp when he filed his candidacy on Wednesday (Oct. 6), saying these were “political sabotage.”

In a statement on Wednesday, Marcos chief-of-staff, lawyer Victor Rodriguez, said such “underhanded moves” should not be tolerated as the emergency alert system is a tool used to warn the public of disasters.

“We hope that the responsible parties do not interfere with government systems just to operate political sabotage against presidential aspirant Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos,” Rodriguez said.

He supported the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) and its intention to investigate the improper use of the emergency alert system.

In a separate statement, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said the emergency alert promoting Marcos did not come from them nor their partners in the telecommunications sector.

“Emergency notifications issued today by the NDRRMC are only about rainfall warnings due to the current weather disturbance and nothing else,” the NDRRMC said.

Earlier, NTC Commissioner Gamaliel Cordoba ordered an “immediate” investigation into the emergency alerts, with telecommunications companies so far confirming that they did not release any such messages. (PNA) – bny

Popular

PBBM assures LGUs: Nat’l gov’t is here to help

By Brian Campued The national government stands ready to support and help local government units (LGUs) address the needs of their constituents and communities, President...

Melvin Matibag takes oath as NBI chief

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency Lawyer Melvin Matibag on Friday took oath as the new director of the National Bureau of Investigation...

No need for PBBM to monitor ICC proceedings vs. FPRRD

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency There is no need for President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to monitor the International Criminal Court’s (ICC)...

Binondo drum murder ‘mastermind’ a Chinese nat’l —Taiwan office in PH

By Brian Campued The alleged mastermind in the so-called Binondo drum murder is a Chinese national, the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines...