NBI findings show Cocoy Dayao manages Silent No More PH blog

MANILA — Senate Majority Leader Vicente Sotto III on Monday said that findings of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) showed that Edward Angelo “Cocoy” Dayao, a former consultant for the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) during the Aquino administration, is behind the Silent No More PH blog reportedly aligned with the Liberal Party.

Sotto made this claim after confirming that he was soon going to file his cyber libel complaint against Dayao before the NBI. He did not mention what date he was going to file the complaint.

He said that his basis for filing is Dayao’s “libelous attacks” against him.

Blogger RJ Nieto of Thinking Pinoy earlier claimed that Dayao managed the SNM blog which previously published an article calling seven senators “Malacanang Dogs” for not signing a resolution urging the government to end the killings.

Sotto, however, said that the resolution never reached him.

The same article also criticized each of the seven senators including Sotto that also resulted in name-calling.

Sotto called a “rapist, plagiarist, and bigot who called all single mothers as good for nothing but accidental whores.”

The Senate Majority Leader, meanwhile, expressed hope that his complaint versus Dayao will “prosper.” He will also request the NBI to cancel Dayao’s passport

Asked if his cyber libel complaint has the support of the six other senators mentioned in the article, Sotto said that he has yet to talk to his colleagues.

Aside from Sotto, other senators described as Malacañang Dogs are Senate President Aquilino Pimentel II, Richard Gordon, Cynthia Villar, Juan Miguel Zubiri, Gringo Honasan, and Manny Pacquiao.” (PNA)

Popular

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...

DepEd launches ‘EduKahon’ kits to ensure learning continuity in calamity-hit schools

By Brian Campued In line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to strengthen the education sector’s preparedness during disasters, the Department of Education (DepEd)...

Torre says he has no ill feelings towards PBBM, DILG chief following relief 

By Brian Campued “Look at me straight in the eye, do I look like somebody who is bitter?” This was the response of former Philippine National...

PBBM to visit Cambodia, attend UN General Assembly

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. will embark on a state visit to Cambodia and later attend the...