Third ‘Bayanihan, Bakunahan’ set on Feb. 10-11

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora | Philippine News Agency

 

MANILA – The third run of the “Bayanihan, Bakunahan,” a massive government COVID-19 vaccination drive, is set for February 10 and 11, the Department of Health (DOH) announced Friday (Feb. 4).

Health Undersecretary Myrna Cabotaje said the staging of this drive seeks to increase the vaccination coverage in areas where the inoculation rate is low, especially among senior citizens.

“It should be nationwide but we will prioritize the areas that need an additional boost to increase their vaccination coverage,” she said in a Laging Handa briefing.

“We are doing it on February 10 and 11 nationwide to encourage those who have yet to receive their first dose as well as boosters. It’s important to ramp up our vaccination for A2 and A3 priority groups,” she added.

Since the rollout last year, Cabotaje said only 60% to 70% of senior citizens have so far been vaccinated against COVID-19.

The first three-day massive vaccination drive from November 29 to December 3 last year was hailed as a success, wherein about 9.9 million people were inoculated.

More than 7.4 million doses, meanwhile, were administered during its second run from December 15 to 17 despite the challenges posed by the onslaught of Typhoon Odette.

Nationwide, some 59,389,080 people have already completed their vaccine doses, while over 60 million are waiting for their second shots. A total of 7,704,701 have also received their booster shots as of February 2. (PNA)    -ag

Popular

Logistics pact to boost provision of supplies, services between PH, Japan forces —DND

By Brian Campued The Philippines and Japan’s defense ties continue to deepen as the Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA) entered into force Saturday, establishing a...

Drop in poverty incidence affirms effective gov’t programs

By Jose Cielito Reganit | Philippine News Agency The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) believes the historic drop in poverty incidence to 9.7%...

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...