Pediatric vaccination sites to receive Pfizer jabs by Feb. 5: DOH

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora

 

MANILA – The sites identified for pediatric vaccination will start receiving the delayed jab deliveries on February 5 just in time for the rollout of five- to 11-year-old inoculation on February 7, the Department of Health (DOH) said Friday (Feb. 4).

Health Undersecretary Myrna Cabotaje said all identified vaccination sites in Metro Manila, Region 3 (Central Luzon), and Region 4-A (Calabarzon) would be operational on that day and would then expand to other regions by February 14.

The pilot was originally set on February 4 but was rescheduled after a third-party logistics partner failed to ship the 780,000 Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine doses on February 3.

“It has already left Brussels. It was in Hong Kong and it’s going to arrive tonight. Mayroon na rin kaming mga allocation per area depende kung ano ‘yong immediate na na-submit nilang registration (We already have an allocation per area depending on the immediate needs based on the registrations),” Cabotaje said.

The official added that another batch of 780,000 Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine doses for the five to 11-year-old age group is set to arrive on February 9.

Cabotaje said some 160,000 children aged five to 11 years have so far registered for the pilot in Metro Manila.

Among the initial sites selected in the region are the Philippine Heart Center, National Children’s Hospital, Philippine Children’s Medical Center, Fil Oil Gym in San Juan City, Manila Zoo, and SM North Edsa. (PNA)     -ag

Popular

Logistics pact to boost provision of supplies, services between PH, Japan forces —DND

By Brian Campued The Philippines and Japan’s defense ties continue to deepen as the Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA) entered into force Saturday, establishing a...

Drop in poverty incidence affirms effective gov’t programs

By Jose Cielito Reganit | Philippine News Agency The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) believes the historic drop in poverty incidence to 9.7%...

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...