NCRPO personnel vax drive continues despite declining cases

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency

MANILA – The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) on Sunday, Feb. 20, said vaccinations of its frontline personnel continue despite declining coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in Metro Manila.

“At the moment, 99.41% or 23,414 NCRPO personnel were fully vaccinated while 0.32% or 75 personnel received (the) first dose of the vaccine only. The remaining 64 police officers comprise the 0.27% unvaccinated personnel due to health conditions and other reasons,” NCRPO chief Maj. Gen. Vicente Danao Jr. said in a statement.

“We are one with the government in ensuring that (the) majority of the population gets vaccinated against COVID-19 to finally put an end to this pandemic. As our personnel face the challenges in the frontline of this battle, we wanted to ensure that they too are protected against the disease,” Danao said.

Meanwhile, the number of fully vaccinated PNP personnel is placed at 97.79%, or 219,914 out of a total of 224,878 personnel.

Those waiting for a second dose are placed at 1.88% or 4,226, while those unvaccinated are at 0.33% or 738.

The number of police officers who received a booster or third shot is now at 113,420 or 51.57%.

The number of active COVID-19 cases in the PNP further dropped to 88 as of Sunday.

In its latest COVID-19 tracker, the PNP said this is lower than Saturday’s 100 active cases.

Only four new infections were logged, the lowest so far since a high of 548 new cases recorded on Jan. 14.

The PNP also reported 16 new recoveries, raising the number of recovered personnel to 48,550 out of a total of 48,766 confirmed cases since the pandemic began in March 2020.

The number of deaths remained at 128 as no new fatalities were reported as of this time. (PNA) – bny

 

Popular

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...