Controversial Russian vlogger Zdorovetskiy now under BJMP custody

TRANSFERRED CUSTODY. Russian vlogger Vitaly Zdorovetskiy has been transferred to the custody of the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP), the Bureau of Immigration (BI) announced Monday (June 16, 2025). Zdorovetskiy will remain in the BJMP’s custody until the resolution of his court cases, after which he will be returned back to the BI for deportation. (Photo courtesy: Bureau of Immigration)

By Ferdinand Patinio | Philippine News Agency

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) on Monday said controversial Russian vlogger Vitaly Zdorovetskiy has been transferred to the custody of the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP).

In a statement, Commissioner Joel Anthony Viado said Zdorovetskiy was transferred to the BJMP on June 11 due to the local cases he is facing in the Philippines.

He noted that the foreign vlogger will remain in the BJMP’s custody until the resolution of his court cases, after which he will be returned back to the BI for deportation.

According to Viado, Zdorovetskiy previously requested for temporary release through bail, but no such relief has been granted.

“This is not just a matter of administrative procedure—it is about protecting the integrity of our immigration laws,” Viado said.

He added that foreigners “who abuse our hospitality and violate our laws must face the consequences.”

“The Bureau is resolute: we will not allow our deportation process to be undermined by publicity tactics or legal maneuvering. No special treatment will be given,” Viado said.

In a document submitted to the BI, Zdorovetskiy claimed he had no intention of evading deportation and pledged to stay within the National Capital Region.

He also stated that he would immediately submit himself to BI custody should a deportation order be issued against him.

The BI reiterated that foreign nationals who commit acts harmful to public order will be subject to deportation under Philippine law.

“As we continue to support the Marcos administration’s push for stronger border security and law enforcement, the Bureau will ensure that foreign violators are held accountable, processed swiftly, and removed from the country as warranted,” Viado said.

Zdorovetskiy was arrested by Philippine authorities in April for engaging in a series of law-breaking stunts as content for his videos.

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...