Metro Manila has 267 firecracker zones: NCRPO

MANILA — With New Year’s Eve revelries just two days away, the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) announced it has designated 267 firecracker zones in its five police districts in Metro Manila.

This is in compliance to President Rodrigo Duterte’s Executive Order No. 28, which bans private citizens from putting up their own fireworks displays or use firecrackers in their residences.

NCRPO Director Oscar Albayalde said the zones can be broken as follows: 131 in Quezon City Police District; 62 in the Northern Police District which covers Malabon City, Navotas City, Valenzuela City and Caloocan City; 52 in Manila; 13 in the Southern Police District covering Makati City, Muntinlupa City, Las Piñas City, Pasay City, Paranaque City, Taguig City and Pateros and nine for the Eastern Police District which has jurisdiction over San Juan City, Pasig City, Marikina City, and Mandaluyong City.

Residents and groups could only light their firecrackers or watch firecracker displays in areas designated by police.

All firecrackers with gunpowder exceeding two grams or 1.3 teaspoons are also banned.

Only the following firecrackers and pyrotechnics are allowed: baby rocket, bawang, small triangle, pulling of strings, paper caps, el diablo, and sky rocket (kwitis), sparklers, luces, fountains, jumbo regular and special, Mabuhay, Roman candle, trompillo, Airwolf, whistle device, and butterfly.

Albayalde said they are coordinating closely with local government units to secure areas for community fireworks display.

He also expressed optimism that the move will at least lessen the number of injured victims as 2018 ushers in. (Priam Nepomuceno/PNA)

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...