ARMM to bring more gov’t services to Mamasapano

TUKANALIPAO, Maguindanao — The Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) will conduct a medical-dental outreach program to residents of Mamasapano, Maguindanao in commemoration of the so-called Jan. 25, 2015 Mamasapano tragedy.

Baintan Adil-Ampatuan, ARMM Regional Planning and Development Office executive director, said the day-long activity on Thursday, the third anniversary of the Mamasapano incident involving an elite police force and local armed groups, is aimed at sustaining the peace and development interventions initiated by the regional government.

During the outreach activity, the provincial government will also turn over various infrastructure projects, including a concrete bridge across Kabulnan River, site of bloody encounter between the PNP Special Action Force and Moro rebels.

The medical team, Ampatuan said, will also conduct consultations, medical and dental services to some 2,300 individuals living in Barangay Tukanalipao, adding that services would also include residents from adjacent villages.

ARMM Governor Mujiv Hataman is expected to lead the ARMM humanitarian team in an effort to improve the lives of Tukanalipao residents.

Ismael Hashim, village chair of Barangay Tukanalipao, said his village has improved in terms of government services and infrastructures since the bloody incident where the ARMM built PhP661-million worth of projects in the area.

At least 60 percent of barangay
roads are now concrete and being enjoyed by the village people of 2,375 population as of latest census.

“Other villages are yet to own a multi-purpose covered court but we already have one,” Hashim, 45, said, adding all homes are now enjoying electricity.

Amir Mawallil, director of the region’s Bureau of Public Information, said that Hataman had repeatedly said that infrastructure projects are keys to wiping poverty in Mamasapano.

Mawallil said the governor wanted an increase, not only in infrastructure investments in Mamasapano, but also livelihood programs. (PNA)

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...