NegOcc police heightens alert for Holy Week, NPA anniversary

BACOLOD CITY — The Negros Occidental Police has geared up for intensified security operations ahead of the observance of Holy Week and the upcoming 49th founding anniversary of the terrorist group, the New People’s Army (NPA).

Provincial police director, Senior Supt. Rodolfo Castil Jr., said in a statement issued Tuesday that visibility and patrol operations would be intensified to ensure public safety.

He said the police would establish assistance hubs and deploy troops to terminals, ports, malls, churches, and other areas of convergence.

Police units will also conduct mobile patrol operations in residential subdivisions, villages, and roads of their respective areas of responsibility, he added.

Castil said policemen would also distribute flyers and leaflets with safety tips and reminders.

He reminded Negrenses to be vigilant themselves when celebrating Holy Week as lawless elements are just waiting for opportunities to strike.

“Let us all take necessary precautions to avoid being a victim of any crime. Violence is never tolerated, not even in this Holy Season,” Castil added.

He also appealed to Negrenses to cooperate and report crimes or lawlessness so these can be easily solved.

Moreover, Castil said the Negros Occidental Police is ready for incidents that may be perpetrated by the NPA, which is celebrating its 49th founding anniversary on March 29.

“The Philippine National Police (PNP) is coordinating with the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) for intensified intelligence operations against the communist terrorists and their supporters for their possible arrest and prosecution in court,” he added.

Castil said the PNP and the AFP would continue to integrate their community support programs with the local government units in line with the implementation of the Comprehensive Local Integration Program (CLIP) for communist rebels.

He called on NPA members to surrender to police stations near them, to the AFP, or to the Municipal/Provincial Peace and Order Council to facilitate their enrollment in the CLIP.

“There is no future inside the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army-National Democratic Front revolution,” Castil added.(PNA)

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...