DOLE gives out P7.8-M livelihood aid to Cebu workers, drivers

CEBU CITY — The Department of Labor and Employment’s (DOLE) office in Central Visayas has turned over nearly PHP7.8 million worth of livelihood assistance to several workers and drivers in Cebu.

DOLE-7 (Central Visayas) officer-in-charge Regional Director Cyril Ticao said Thursday they have doled out PHP6.8 million to 21 workers’ associations in Cordova, Cebu and PHP999,967 to the Carmen Drivers and Conductors Transport Multi-Purpose Cooperative (Cadco) in Carmen town.

Ticao said the livelihood grants will be used to procure materials and equipment needed for the groups’ business undertakings.

A total of 1,197 workers in Cordova are set to venture into meat processing and marketing, fish cages restoration, tables and chairs rental, alkaline water treatment and refilling station, all-season fishing, and printing, lamination and photocopying services.

The 51 Cadco members, on the other hand, will soon be operating their own vulcanizing and general auto repair shop.

The financial assistance to the workers and drivers groups is under the DOLE Integrated Livelihood and Emergency Employment Program (DILEEP).

“Our regional project management team has seen the viability and feasibility of the projects,” Ticao said.

“With the right management by the association leaders, as well as the sustained unity and cooperation among the members, we hope that the undertakings would reach further heights,” he added.

The DOLE, being the implementing arm of the government in providing employment opportunities to the public, has been exerting its best effort to make sure that its programs and services have reached the rightful beneficiaries, said Ticao. (Luel Galarpe/PNA)

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...