Pangasinan town hall rehab for completion in June

CALASIAO, Pangasinan —The first phase of rehabilitation of the town hall here is set to be completed by June this year, a local official said Monday.

In an interview with the Philippine News Agency (PNA), Mayor Joseph Arman Bauzon said the provincial government of Pangasinan funded the renovation, costing PHP18 million, that includes the construction of new offices in the third floor of the town hall that began last year.

The new offices will be occupied by the Sangguniang Bayan (SB) members, said Bauzon. “The councilmen will have their own offices, so they could properly give service to their constituents,” Bauzon said.

The office of the vice mayor and the session hall will remain at the existing SB building, he added.

Once finished, the newly created departments such as the Public Employment Service Office, Municipal Environment and Natural Resources, and Solid Waste Management Group will have their offices in the renovated town hall. Other departments that will occupy the offices are the Accounting Office and the Budget Office.

Bauzon added that a LED screen will be installed in front of the town hall to serve as a transparency board, where the citizens could see updates on the financial statement and projects of the municipal government.

Bauzon said the renovation was needed to address some problems in the building such as the leakage in its roof especially during rainy season, aside from the lack of offices of some departments. The phase two of the rehabilitation will start on 2019.

The town hall was last renovated in 2011 after it was destroyed by fire. (Hilda Austria/PNA)

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...