Opening of classes in Region 12 ‘generally peaceful’

COTABATO CITY–The first day of classes in Region 12 for school year 2018-2019 has been orderly and generally peaceful, police said.

Supt. Aldrin Gonzales, Police Regional Office (PRO-12) spokesperson, told the Philippine News Agency (PNA) in a telephone interview that as of 11:00 a.m. Monday, no untoward incident has been reported during the start of classes in schools around the region.

“So far so good, its generally peaceful,” Gonzales said, adding all schools in Region 12 are secured by police officers to ensure the safety of learners and respond to parents who need police assistance.

Gonzales said the police also put up assistance desks proximate to the main gate of every public elementary and secondary school to attend to minor problems that parents and pupils face on opening of classes.

In urban centers, Gonzales said that more than 2,000 police personnel were fielded to assist commuters and pedestrians and ensure traffic flow. (Edwin Fernandez/PNA)

Popular

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...