Cavite town gives over 10k school supplies as classes open

NOVELETA, Cavite – The local government turned over more than 10,000 school packs and school supplies to grade schoolers and pre-schoolers in this town’s five public elementary schools, national high school and day care centers as classes opened on Monday.

Mayor Dino Reyes Chua and other local officials, assisted by Noveleta Elementary School Principal Marieta Eseque and Noveleta National High School Principal Belinda Loyola, led the distribution of the school bags and school supplies to the school children.

The recipients were kindergarten, Grade 1 and pre-school kids, some of whom have mixed feelings of joy with their school environment and new peers, but were also anxious of being “separated” from parents while in their “second” home.

The beneficiary schools of the free school bags and supplies included the Noveleta Central Elementary School, Ambrocio S. Robles Memorial Elementary School, San Antonio Elementary School, Gen Luciano San Miguel Elementary School, Salcedo Elementary School and Noveleta National High School in San Rafael III.

Noveleta Disaster Risk Reduction and Management chief officer Jeg Alix said that the seven public schools also received Emergency Response Equipment and first aid kits from the local government during the week-long “Brigada Eskwela” last week.

Alix also encouraged the nine private schools in the municipality to acquire the kits for them to be ready in case of emergency.

He also said the local DRRMO will be conducting seminars on disaster preparedness and emergency reponse in all schools here.

The local government officials also witnessed the Department of Education (DepEd)-Noveleta’s launching on Monday of the Special Education Program with the newly-opened SPED center based in the Noveleta Elementary School in Barangay San Rafael 1 here. (Dennis Abrina/PNA)

Popular

Logistics pact to boost provision of supplies, services between PH, Japan forces —DND

By Brian Campued The Philippines and Japan’s defense ties continue to deepen as the Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA) entered into force Saturday, establishing a...

Drop in poverty incidence affirms effective gov’t programs

By Jose Cielito Reganit | Philippine News Agency The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) believes the historic drop in poverty incidence to 9.7%...

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...