Iloilo guv to issue guidelines on attending flag ceremony

ILOILO CITY — Iloilo’s provincial government employees will soon learn who would be exempted from the flag-raising ceremony at the capitol grounds here every Monday.

Iloilo Governor Arthur Defensor Sr. announced on Monday that he will come up with an executive order that will identify those who are obliged and who are exempted from attending the ceremony. Sanctions for being absent will also be known.

Defensor said several employees, particularly hospital and utility workers, cannot be forced to attend the ceremony.

“We must have a monthly publication posting of those who did not attend, unless you are on official business, you are sick, on leave, then you should not be included on the list,” he added.

Defensor reiterated the importance of attending the flag-raising ceremony.

“It reminds you how important your job is. It reminds you of your relation and relevance to the government as a public servant and it reminds you of your duties and responsibilities as government officials and government employees,” he pointed out.

Last week, the governor warned the more or less 2,000 employees of the provincial government to avoid being absent during Monday’s flag-raising ceremony, saying that a bulletin board will be put up where the names of absentees would be posted.

His statement came after he noticed that a number of employees are consistently absent during the ceremony.

Last year, Defensor signed a memorandum directing all department heads and employees to attend the flag-raising ceremony in compliance with Republic Act No. 8491, or the “Flag and Heraldic Code of the Philippines, and with Civil Service Commission Memorandum Circular No. 19, series of 2012. ( Cindy Ferrer/PNA)

Popular

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...