Pusher in ‘narco list’ killed, 2 others nabbed in GenSan raids

GENERAL SANTOS CITY–An alleged “notorious” drug pusher who was included in President Rodrigo R. Duterte’s “narco list” was killed while two others were arrested in separate police anti-drug operations here on Thursday.

Supt. Maximo Sebastian Jr., chief of Police Regional Office 12’s (Soccsksargen) drug enforcement unit, identified the slain suspect as Mamundas Climaco, 35, a resident of Sogod in Barangay Apopong.

Sebastian said the suspect was gunned down by their operatives after resisting arrest during a search of his house. Two search warrants were issued by the Regional Trial Court here against the suspect for possession of illegal drugs and firearms.

“He fired first at the operating team so they were forced to retaliate,” Sebastian said during a press conference Friday.

Recovered from the suspect were a loaded caliber 45 handgun and three plastic sachets containing suspected metamphetamine hydrochloride or “shabu”.

Sebastian said Climaco was included in President Rodrigo Duterte’s drug list and one of the top target drug personalities in the city, mainly operating in Barangay Apopong and nearby villages.

The suspect’s involvement in illegal drug activities had been validated by various law enforcement agencies and corroborated by several witnesses, he said.
Sebastian said that aside from Climaco, the drug enforcement unit served search warrants to eight targets in two other barangays, with four turning out positive.

In Purok Saludin, Barangay Labangal, suspect Jamil Agustin was found with a caliber 38 handgun while Peter Villarosa yielded a pack of marijuana. Both were arrested.

A caliber 38 handgun and four sachets of “shabu” were found at the house of Jimmy and Jason Masayon but they were not around during the operation.

Police said the suspects will be charged with violation of Republic Act (RA) No. 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002, and RA 10591, or the Comprehensive Law on Firearms and Ammunition. (PNA)

Popular

Logistics pact to boost provision of supplies, services between PH, Japan forces —DND

By Brian Campued The Philippines and Japan’s defense ties continue to deepen as the Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA) entered into force Saturday, establishing a...

Drop in poverty incidence affirms effective gov’t programs

By Jose Cielito Reganit | Philippine News Agency The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) believes the historic drop in poverty incidence to 9.7%...

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...