Benguet vows to fast track key infra projects

LA TRINIDAD, Benguet — The provincial government on Tuesday vowed to fast track the implementation of more than PHP500 million worth of infrastructure projects.

Governor Crescencio Pacalso said the projects include farm-to-market roads, barangay roads, tourism roads, medical facilities, environmental protection, disaster risk reduction and management, barangay halls and school buildings, among others.

Pacalso appealed to all provincial officials for their commitment and cooperation, emphasizing the need to give a “good life” to the people of their province through the provision for infrastructure.

He said the projects are expected to augment their performance ratings towards the attainment of a Seal of Good Governance.

Under the provincial government’s revised strategic plan for the next three to four years, it intends to complete projects funded in the current year.

The governor, however, raised the problem of the lack of personnel which may hinder the timely completion of the projects. “Our dilemma is the lack of personnel especially engineers in our Provincial Engineering Office,” Pacalso said. He expressed hope that this will be addressed when the Sangguniang Panlalawigan (SP) acts on the request for additional engineers.

Provincial Board Member Bernard Waclin, who heads the Committee on Public Works and Infrastructure, said that they are also dealing with non-implementation of projects brought about by problems related to the bidding process. (Primo Agatep/PNA)

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...