BOC Chief Faeldon ensures resolving corruption in Customs

The Bureau of Customs (BOC) Chief Nicanor Faeldon gave assurance on sustaining the Duterte administration’s campaign against corruption, as well as its fight versus illegal drugs.

In an interview, Faeldon advised the importers to stop tolerating bribery in the agency and if they’re witnessing such act, they must inform the authority.

Moreover, the chief requested the help of other Customs officials and also the support of the public in fighting the corruption and illegal drugs.

“I need the support of the public, and of course, the officials who have the supervision in this bureau,” Faeldon said.

In support with this, Faeldon said he also wants to implement training institution aiming for the employee’s proper guidance, in order for them to sharpen their skills and perform their best.

“By October, we will start our class one ng academe natin. We’ll be recruiting 3,ooo the next two years. All of them will undergo in these academe training. We will grind as what we wanted to be.” Faeldon stated.

“It will help the process more effective and easier if that legislation will be passed,” he added.

On the other hand, Faeldon also emphasized that he will still continue his job despite the people questioning his ability to handle the Bureau of Customs, and also stated that President Duterte is still trusting him to do his work.

It can be remembered that there had been an allegation against BOC on its failure in impeding the P6.4 billion worth of illegal drugs from China. | Renzie Nombre (OJT) – PTV

WATCH THE PTV FULL REPORT HERE:

BOC Chief Faeldon, nanawagan sa importers na makiisa sa kampan…

#DailyInfo: BOC Chief Faeldon, nanawagan sa importers na makiisa sa kampanya ng Administrasyon vs kurapsyon

Posted by PTV on Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Popular

MalacaƱang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

MalacaƱang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, MalacaƱang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued MalacaƱang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...