PAL cancels more flights scheduled for November 20

by Ma. Cristina Arayata – PNA

MANILA — Flag carrier Philippine Airlines (PAL) canceled more international and domestic flights supposedly set for Nov. 20, as it heeds government’s call to airlines to reduce flights while the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) works on an enhanced air navigational system.

Earlier, PAL announced the cancellation of several domestic and international flights originally scheduled from November 14 to 19.

The cancellation of flights is PAL’s response to CAAP’s request while its air navigational system undergoes a transition phase, PAL spokesperson Cielo Villaluna told reporters over the weekend.

Canceled flights for Nov. 20:

  • PR 313 HONG KONG-MANILA
  • PR 538 DENPASAR-MANILA
  • PR 655 RIYADH-MANILA
  • PR 2141 MANILA-ILOILO
  • PR 2142 ILOILO-MANILA
  • PR 2521 MANILA-CAGAYAN DE ORO
  • PR 2522 CAGAYAN DE ORO-MANILA
  • PR 2835 MANILA-CEBU
  • PR 2857 MANILA-CEBU
  • PR 2858 CEBU-MANILA
  • PR 2861 MANILA-CEBU
  • PR 453 MANILA-GENERAL SANTOS
  • PR 454 GENERAL SANTOS-MANILA
  • PR 1809 MANILA-DAVAO
  • PR 1810 DAVAO-MANILA
  • PR 1821 MANILA-DAVAO
  • PR 1822 DAVAO-MANILA
  • PR 1841 MANILA-CEBU PR 1842
  • CEBU-MANILA PR 1863 MANILA-CEBU
  • PR 1864 CEBU-MANILA

CAAP spokesperson Eric Apolonio earlier told the Philippine News Agency (PNA) that reducing the number of flights is a measure needed for safety, since the air navigational system will have a transition phase.

This is the “migration from the old Manila ACC radar, which has a limited capacity, to the CNS-ATM (Communications, Navigation, Surveillance/Air Traffic Management) system, which can cover the whole country,” he said.

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...