Mayor Sara cites Davao cops for huge drop in crime volume

By Lilian Mellejor/PNA

DAVAO CITY – Mayor Sara Z. Duterte has lauded the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) for its anti-crime programs that resulted in the huge drop in crime volume during the first nine months of the year.

“I thank the men and women of DCPO for their continuous efforts to maintain the peace and order in the city so that the Dabawenyos can enjoy their daily activities here,” Mayor Sara said on Wednesday, adding lower crime rate reflects a safer and secure city.

DCPO records show that the city’s crime volume hit a three-year low.

DCPO recorded 8,325 crime volume from January to September 2016. It dropped to 6,132 from the same period last year and further decreased to 3,856 the same period this year.

Last year, the Philippine National Police hailed DCPO as the Best City Police Office, the second in a row for the local police force. Senior Supt. Alexander Tagum, DCPO director, attributed the award to the local police personnel, as well as the strong support of the city government.

Since 2017, DCPO has been implementing its Oplan Kalinaw, which is aimed at intensifying proactive policing measures, coupled with community outreach activities and crime prevention education.

Mayor Sara also cited DCPO’s high Crime Solution Efficiency (CSE) at 86.26 percent during the first three quarters of the year.

Recently, DCPO opened a new police sub-station on Roxas Avenue to further beef up the security in the area–especially at the Roxas Night Market, where there is an influx of locals and tourists.
The Roxas police sub-station has 52 police personnel.

Popular

AFP: VP security group reorganized, not disbanded

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) clarified that the Vice Presidential Security and Protection Group (VPSPG)...

Myanmar quake death toll passes 3,300: state media

By Agence France-Presse The death toll from a major earthquake in Myanmar has risen above 3,300, state media said Saturday (April 5), as the United...

Filipinos nabbed in China ordinary citizens with no military training

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora | Philippine News Agency The National Security Council (NSC) has expressed alarm over the arrest of three Filipino nationals for...

PH Contingent lends helping hand on rescue, medical ops in quake-hit Myanmar

By Brian Jules Campued The Philippine Inter-Agency Humanitarian Contingent (PIAHC) on Friday continued to assist in rescue and medical operations in Myanmar as the Southeast...