Ilocos Norte to host 1st Tourism Awards

By Leilanie Adriano and Dennis Abrina/PNA

LAOAG CITY — The provincial government, through the Ilocos Norte Tourism Office (INTO), will host the first Ilocos Norte Tourism Awards on December 19 at the Fort Ilocandia Resort Hotel here.

In cooperation with the Association of Tourism Officers of Ilocos Norte (ATOIN), the first Provincial Tourism Awards will recognize the pioneering projects and industry leaders in hospitality and customer service, agri-tourism and eco-tourism, and marketing and product development, among others.

According to Provincial Tourism Officer Aianree Raquel on Monday, hundreds of awards are being prepared to honor the men and women behind the successful tourism programs and innovations which gave a boost to foreign and domestic tourist arrivals.

“This is our way of recognizing our partners in the tourism industry who are real pioneers and who have been really helpful in our tourism projects,” Raquel said.

Earlier this year, the Ilocos Norte Tourism Office has opened nominations for the largest gathering of tourism stakeholders in the province with a gala presentation. Nominations were initially coordinated with local government units (LGUs) and ended last October 22.

The categories include “Hotel and Hospitality,” “Travel and Tour Operators,” “Attractions,” “Local Products,” “Restaurants,” “Festivals and Events,” “Transportation,” “Tourism Education,” “Event Venue,” and “Tour Guides.”

The screening committee was comprised of the Office of the Governor, INTO, and ATOIN. Raquel said all the awards underwent rigorous deliberation.

During the gala presentation, the provincial tourism officer also said the tourism office will announce a calendar of tourism activities for 2019 including a planned tourism convention in February.

Popular

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...