Pangasinan cops prohibited from entering restobars

By Liwayway Yparraguirre/PNA

URDANETA CITY, Pangasinan — The Pangasinan Police Provincial Office (PPPO) director on Wednesday reminded his men that they are not allowed in a restaurant-bar in the wake of a shooting incident involving four policemen in a restobar last Sunday.

Senior Supt. Wilson Lopez said the four policemen were with different groups when the shooting took place at 8:30 p.m. inside Station 22 RestoBar in Barangay San Vicente here.

Lopez identified the four policemen as Chief Insp. Napoleon Eleccion Jr. of 2nd Pangasinan Provincial Mobile Force Company based in Tayug, Pangasinan, PO1 Nathaniel Eleccion of the Regional Mobile Force Battalion1, Insp. Marvin Tacdol of the Philippine National Police (PNP) Crime Laboratory, Camp Crame, and his brother, SPO2 Ryan Tacdol of PNP Police Security and Protection Group.

The Eleccions were with their brother Nolan and their father Napoleon, 60. All are residents of Barangay Bugayon, Binalonan town.

The Tacdols were with their brother David, owner of the restobar, all are from Barangay Cabuloan, Urdaneta City, Lopez said.

Initial investigation showed that prior to the incident, the two groups were drinking at the restobar. The group of Eleccion approached the Tacdols after noticing something “bulging” around the waist of one of the brothers.

“PCI Eleccion allegedly introduced himself and asked why they are carrying guns. There and then, a commotion ensued which resulted to the grappling of firearms between the two groups after which gunfire was heard,” Lopez said.

As a result, Insp. Eleccion sustained a gunshot wound on his left palm while SPO2 Tacdol was wounded on his left upper abdomen.

“Together they went to the hospital when they learned they are policemen,” Lopez said, adding they were all brought to the Urdaneta Sacred Heart Hospital.

Lopez said his immediate action was to relieve Chief Insp. Eleccion from his post and reassigned him to the Pangasinan PNP Personnel Holding and Accounting Unit at the provincial headquarters.

Lopez added he had already submitted an endorsement to the Police Regional Office 1 (PRO 1) relative to the three other policemen who are from other units of the PNP.

“A reminder to all policemen that we are prohibited to enter a restobar, especially when we are carrying our firearms,” Lopez reminded his policemen.

Popular

Myanmar’s junta chief to head to Bangkok summit as quake toll surpasses 3,000

By Agence France-Presse The head of Myanmar's junta is expected to travel to Bangkok on Thursday for a regional summit, as the death toll from...

PBBM reciprocates VP Sara’s gratitude on helping her mend ties with dad

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency “Glad I could help.” This was the response of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr., according to Palace Press...

Purchase of US fighter jets vital to boost PH defense – ES Bersamin

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency Executive Secretary Lucas Bersamin on Thursday, April 3, said the planned procurement of fighter jets from the...

Recto says use of PhilHealth funds to spare PH from new debts

By Benjamin Pulta | Philippine News Agency Finance Secretary Ralph Recto on Wednesday defended the transfer of idle and unused Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth)...